cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hagbard
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Faster with BT ?

When I do the BT speed test it tells me 32 mbs but every other broadband speed checker tells me just under 10mbs

download why the big difference and why does everyother speed checker give me about the same speed and only Bt the high figures . I had an estimated speed of 20.06mbs when I went on to infinity

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Faster with BT ?

Try turning of you AV, firewall for the time of the test certain ones are known to affect the result.

Make sure you turn back on after.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Are you comparing like with like?  Infinity has a minimum speed of 15M.  If anyone is quoting you less than that, then it's probably just ADSL, not FTTC VDSL.

0 Ratings
hagbard
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

its infinity 1 FTTC  just get different result from BT speed checker and others like think broaband . firewalls and virus checkers were turned off and using a wired connection. thinkbroadband checker gave me a speed of 9,8  the bt checker said 32 to homehub and 30.9 to pc

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

What do you get with this checker. Once you have run the speed checker carry on and run the diagnostic and post back all the results including your IP profile up and down.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings