cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jradway
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Fault - no telephone/broadband service since 3 January

During a period of severe weather on 3 January, we had a power cut and also lost the 'phone line.  We did not think too much more about it, but when the power came back on there was no 'phone service.  We reported the fault on 4 Jan and were given a fix date by 9 Jan.  This proved to be somewhat optimistic as we are still without service.

We have received text messages on at least two occasions stating that the fault has been fixed when it has not, meaning we have had to reopen the case.  Online fault tracking is next to useless as no updates are posted (our fix date is still showing as 9 Jan!) or at least nothing sensible.  BT could save themselves a lot of frustrated calls to customer services if they kept this up-to-date with useful information updated by the engineers actually working on the problem.

The call centre staff try their best, but they have very limited information to go on, relying on others to provide details so they can then call back, suggesting internal communication/progress logging is not the best either.  As far as we can gather there is a problem with the network in our local area (ie. it is not just us), but we don't know anything further than that.  We have been promised a number of dates when everything would be resolved, but the last date was Sunday 26 Jan, which has obviously been and gone.

The absence of a telephone line is starting to cause real problems now.  Luckily I have been able to borrow a 3G hub from a colleague which just about works but working from home is very difficult at the moment and having to use our mobiles to stay in contact is starting to cost money.

All I am looking for is someone sensible who can tell me (1) what the problem is; (2) its severity; and (3) how long it is likely to take to fix.  If there are other issues such as availability of parts, equipment, engineers, etc., then please factor that into the explanation.

I don't see the point of setting dates for resolution that are continually missed - my expectations have not been managed at all well.  If it is going to take another week, then tell me so I don't keep ringing up every couple of days!

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
jradway
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fault - no telephone/broadband service since 3 January

Since my last posting, it turns out that there was a problem passing the fault on to Openreach and it was apparently 'stuck' on their system, which is a bit disappointing to say the least as, if true, it has taken more than three weeks to work it out.

However, I have had several conflicting messages from customer services: (1) the fault is stuck and it won't be released for a couple of days; (2) no idea what you are talking about re. it being stuck and they are working on it; (3) is your 'phone line now working? (no it isn't); and (4) it is now being worked upon and we'll call you in a couple of days.

It is becoming a bit repetitive now: every 48-hour period between calls does not seem to yield any improvement in the situation.  It has got to point where I don't really know what to do next - calling customer services does not seem to be working.  Any advice would be much appreciated - thanks in advance...

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 4 of 4

Hi Jradway

I can have this looked into for you to get some clarification on what is going on.

Send me an email using the contact the mods link in my profile you will find it in the section 'About Me'.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings