cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Fault reported 2 and a half weeks ago. No contact from BT.

We've had a fault on our line where either calls don't get through at all or else the phone rings once and then cuts the caller off. It's intermittent, so sometimes we do get a call. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it. This is a repeat of a problem we experienced before Xmas where BT sent an engineer out, identified the problem and fixed it. It worked OK for a while before reappearing late February.

Raised a fault call with BT on 28 February. When I go into My BT I can see the fault call logged and recogised as a problem and it says that they aim to fix it by 5 March. We've heard nothing from BT so far and there doesn't seem to be any way in MyBT to raise the status.

How do we get our phone fixed?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fault reported 2 and a half weeks ago. No contact from BT.

the simple answer is THEY DONT LISTEN TO YOU!

I have had problems with my line for the past 10 days. a crossed line. every time my house phone rings it is for a person on the street next to ours and vice versa.

yet BT  have done nothing about it.

all they have said is that they have logged the complaint on their system.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fault reported 2 and a half weeks ago. No contact from BT.

Warren S

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go directly to BT and although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read

A crossed line is not dealt with by BT it is dealt with by Openreach who provide and maintain the phone network for all service providers
0 Ratings