cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Owlie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Fault reporting

2 weeks ago I reported that my home hub syncs at 3328kps, but the ip profile is set to 135kbps and throttles the download speed to ~125kbps rendering a broadband connection practically useless.  Last Tuesday (6th July) an engineer came out and inspected all of the wiring and found no fault in my home. He said he would mark my fault as incomplete and that someone would contact me within 48 hours.

Alas, a whole week has gone by with no information on what is happening. The speed is still miserable as the output of www.speedtester.bt.com clearly shows below.

FAQ

Download  Speed
 89 Kbps

0 Kbps 250 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
 Download speedachieved during the test was - 89 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :3328 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.

If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance.

Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.

Please visit FAQ section if you are unable To understand the test results.

Any ideas anyone on what my next actions/steps should be??

Many thanks
Owlie

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fault reporting

Hey Owlie,

Thanks for the post.  Something is not right here.

Can you please drop me an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com, include your BT account details and the link to this thread, I will run some tests from my end.

Your IP Profile has hit rock bottom at 135 but your sync speed looks okay.  Is your connection dropping out often?  This could explain why you profile is so low.  You profile should recover to about 2500 in line with a sync of 3328, as long as the sync remains stable without any drops.  If your connection is dropping then it is highly unlikely that your profile will recover.

However, I would like to run a few test from my end, drop me an email.

Cheers

Sean

Ps - Welcome to the forum, Enjoy.

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Owlie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Sean

Have sent a mail providing details. . .

Would you be able to explain something to me?

I have just been on the BT Broadband speed checker and it asks me either to choose whether I am a BT customer or that I am not a BT Customer. When I say I am a BT Customer the applet invites me to enter my BT telephone number and says I can get 0.256kbps. However, if I say I am not a BT customer the applet invites me to enter my address and it say I will get 2.0Mbps

Although I may be a newbie. . . am I smelling a rat? Do you think BT is serious about providing the best speeds and customer service and committed to providing "the goods". . . or have I just encountered a corporate marketing technical gliche?

Sorry to be a pain

1 DisgruntledOwlie

🙂

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hi Owile,

I know its seems like a strange result but I think you are getting a mixed reading becuse of the way the checker works.

When entering a telephone number, as in when you select 'yes I am a BT custoemr', the details are more specific to the line and how its been running.

When you select 'no' the testing is carried out on your post code and address and the speed result is based on an average in the area.

Hope that makes a bit more sense Smiley Happy

ta

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings