Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rherring
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Fault-tracking page is faulty

The fault-tracking page is inconsistent. I reported a fault last week (noisy line, ADSL connect speed dropping to 700kbps, or dropping out altogether, diagnostics show fault in BT's network), it was "repaired", but almost immediately came back worse than before. So I went to the fault details page, clicked the "not fixed reopen fault" button, added some comments, clicked more buttons and was thanked for my input. Two days later, I go to the "report and track" front page where it shows my fault as "resolved". But when I click the button to view the details page, it shows the fault as "Open", my comments are visible, but there's nothing to log the fact that I have actually *re* opened the fault. Nor have I received any SMS messages to acknowledge that something is being done. Can I trust the fault details page to trigger some action, or will the engineers only see the incorrect "resolved" flag?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
chaosuk83
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fault-tracking page is faulty

If it doesnt - open a new fault, and copy the link to the original fault. That way they will know it isnt fixed and is an ongoing issue
0 Ratings
rherring
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fault-tracking page is faulty

"If it doesnt - open a new fault, and copy the link to the original fault." Er, how? If I choose "check my line now" it runs the line test and replies "This issue is already known to us" which leaves me where I was. Is there another way (short of using a call centre!) of opening new faults?
0 Ratings