cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenBracken1
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Faulty Box ??

We've recently moved from Sky to BT YouView. The Sky box was very reliable - didn't miss recordings and didn't stop recording before the end of a programme.

However, our YouView box mishaves badly at times. It will record some programmes and not others. It will cut off the start and finish of programmes and even records some programmes 2 or 3 times. Driving us round the bend because we can't be sure a programme we want to watch will record properly.

Could ours be a faulty box or is there a fix - without losing recorded programmes ?

We have a stable high speed (>70 Mbps) ethernet connection between the box and our BT home hub. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Faulty Box ??

@BenBracken1 wrote:

We've recently moved from Sky to BT YouView. The Sky box was very reliable - didn't miss recordings and didn't stop recording before the end of a programme.

However, our YouView box mishaves badly at times. It will record some programmes and not others. It will cut off the start and finish of programmes and even records some programmes 2 or 3 times. Driving us round the bend because we can't be sure a programme we want to watch will record properly.

Could ours be a faulty box or is there a fix - without losing recorded programmes ?

We have a stable high speed (>70 Mbps) ethernet connection between the box and our BT home hub. 

If it is recording something multiple times can I suggest that you re-scan the channels again:

Press YouView button on remote and then go to: Settings/TV Signal & Quality and in that menu go to Re-tune channels at the top.

This won't cause you to lose recorded programmes.

As for the top and tail of some programmes missing, this is reliant on the broadcaster sending accurate start/stop signals. Some broadcasters are generally good e.g. BBC and some not so good...

Are there any particular channels you have the issues with? Are these aerial channels or internet channels?

I meant to add, after a rescan make sure your scheduled recordings look ok.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

0 Ratings
BenBracken1
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks. The errors usually affect the BT extra channels delivered over broadband.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Can you give some recent examples of program/channels which

a) recordings scheduled have been missed .

b)recordings of the same program that have been repeated .

are these series record or single program recordings ?

afterwards how do the programs appear in the My view recorded/scheduled lists. ... I'd scheduled/recorded/part recorded/failed

0 Ratings