cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Faulty Home Hub 4 Replacement

Go to solution

I have a faulty HH4 that is showing a permanent green light and am unable to connect to the internet, I have tried all the resets with the call centre and they agreed it needs replacing. I upgraded to the HH4 in April 2014.

Unfortunatley because I have been a customer for a number of years I have been told I need to renew my broadband contract to have the hub replaced even though I only upgraded to the HH4 in April 2014. Surley this hub will have at least a 12 month warranty regardless of when my original contract finished?

Any advice would greatly appreciated before I try to explain my fustration to the call centre again!

Kind regards, Chaz

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Faulty Home Hub 4 Replacement

Go to solution

When you upgraded to the HH4 in April 2014 this would have been a free upgrade if you were in contract. The homehub is only in "warranty" for the duration of your contract. As soon as your contract stops so does the warranty.

If you paid the full price for the homehub upgrade then you would have a years warranty on it from the date of purchase.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

if you are out of contract with Bt then you have lost any discount you had and if you re-contract then you will get a better deal and save some money  try options team as they are uk based 0800800030  if you renew ask for new hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

According to BT's own help page, the Hub comes with a 12 month warranty http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/646/kw/home%20hub%20warranty/c/346,1887,1888

This is different to everything I have heard previously where the warranty was for the minimum diration of the contract.

If you paid for the Hub4, then the Sale of Goods act applies.  Since it's less than 6 months old, then it's assumed to be faulty unless BT can prove you broke it.

If clause 31 of the Broadband T&Cs https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/termsandconditions?docId=28234&pageTit... applies, then the Sale of Goods Act should also apply.

If the hub was just a freebie that BT decided to send to you, then there's not much you can do.  However you could consider buying a new one either directly from BT, or from a well-known internet auction site.  Decide for yourself whether or not this is better than renewing the contract.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for the replies, much appreciated!  I contacted the UK team on 0800 800030 and finally got to speak with somebody who understood my issues. Anyway the outcome is I have saved a few pounds on a new 12 month contract and a new hub is in the post.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Really good outcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings