cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunsealer
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Faulty Home Hub 5

So I connect BT help desk re faulty internal WIFI on my Home Hub 5.  Every few days all connections drops, divices see the WIFI SID show and disappear.  Only powering off and powering on home hub 5 fixes the issue.

Finally contacted BT over this as all help centre suggests and forum suggestions haven't worked.

BT run a line test and as that doesn't show an issue won't replace the hub.  I've sent them the logs showing 100+ WIFI connects and disconnects in 20mins but they can't use it to show hub is faulty.  

BT expect me to pay £50 to get a faulty hub replaced as my line deosn't have a fault.  

Has anyone else had this and can you offer advice how to get BT to sort my issue.  I have logged a formal complaint but all advice is welcome .

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Faulty Home Hub 5

sorry but what forum suggestions have you tried jusrt saves someone posting again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sunsealer
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Faulty Home Hub 5

Tried:

1) Disabling: 5Ghz wifi

2) Setting different SID and passwords for 2.4 & 5Ghz WIFI

3) Disabling IPv6

4) Setting channel no for WIFI (tried multiple channels & smart wireless)

5) Turning off WPS

6) Disable Smart Setup

7) Alter DHCP Lease Duration

0 Ratings