cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Faulty Line

My near neighbour, an elderly widow living on her own, has been cut off for over THREE WEEKS now. She has complained many times to her service provider, Plusnet, and each time they have said it will be another 3 days or 72 hours before BT will repair it. We live in a remote area in the south of England, and she relies on the landline for many services like online shopping and banking. So COME ON BT, get your finger out, and stop hiding behind the service provider. Maybe a tweet on Twitter would persuade you to help this vulnerable person! She would probably post a message here, BUT OF COURSE SHE CAN’T, so I am instead.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Faulty Line

This forum is for BT retail customers. If her telephone provider is Plusnet she will need to keep complaining to them who in turn should chase up Openreach who are responsible for the lines.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Correct me if I'm wrong but Openreach is a BT company, and as far as I can tell this forum is as close as gets.  If there is a direct BT Openreach forum I would be very grateful if you could direct me to it, but I don't think there is.  When she complains to Plusnet they just shrug their shoulders and say its down to BT Openreach.  Who is going to fight this unfortunate woman's corner ?  As I mentioned she has complained many times to Plusnet.  How do BT Openreach get away with hiding like this ?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Openreach is a member of the BT Group as is our ISP BT Retail as is PLUSNET.  BT Retail cannot help you with your neighbours problem with openreach and you need to go back to Plusnet

openreach do not deal with the public as they are not customers of openreach but Plusnet is and that is where you need to address your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

This is about Openreach

http://www.expect.openreach.co.uk/

0 Ratings
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Why don't you call Plusnet for an update as to what the delay is, these forums have no Openreach presence and were not BT employees, just the usual bunch of sad cases who have nothing better to do then hang around on these forums trying to look like we know what we're talking about.......

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thanks but I just get a Sorry Restricted access message.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Keith's link is his signature and is only available to BT broadband customers only this is the link you want

This is about Openreach
http://www.expect.openreach.co.uk/
0 Ratings