cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Faulty box, replacement refused, argumentative engineer.

Just had a BT engineer visit and refuse to replace a demonstrably faulty set top box.  He says the supervisor refused because it shows a picture and all channels are available.  However, the HDMI connection on the box is faulty, as every time it is moved or after a period of time, the picture drops out (goes pink, goes to static or drops completely).  The engineer proved this to himself, but as the box was showing a picture, he says his supervisor refused a replacement.

When challenged, the engineer became argumentative.

This is absolutely unacceptable.  We've had the box less than a month.  Under warranty, it needs to be replaced, regardless of the ridiculous BT procedures in place.  It should have been replaced when the engineer was visiting.  Now I'm going to have to jump through any number of hoops to get this done.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Faulty box, replacement refused, argumentative engineer.

Now getting the runaround from online support. They're telling me to call the customer options team as they're not authorised to send out a new box.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

@excessivepractice wrote:

Now getting the runaround from online support. They're telling me to call the customer options team as they're not authorised to send out a new box.

Seems like sensible advice

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Not when you have to spend three hours in a queue.  Online support now telling me that the engineer logged no fault with the box.  The engineer stood in front of me and said that he was logging a fault with the box, which means either he was lying through his teeth, or online support are.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Hi excessivepractice,

I'm really sorry about the problems with your Youview box. If you need any help getting this sorted use the contact the mods link in my forum profile to send over your details and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings