Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stesmith
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

Faulty hub6

Go to solution
No Internet here for a month. No solution from BT. Hours on the phone. New hub6 sent in post which worked for 24hrs before failing. Wireless and Ethernet connections not possible. Wireless network connection and Local area connection doesn't have a valid IP address or configuration are problem solving reports from laptops. BT no help at all. Anyone else make any suggestions? I'm pretty sure it's just another faulty hub. Previous one worked for 3 months fine. Bt eventually replaced it telling me 'sometimes chips can be faulty'. Really poor product and even worse customer service. Refusing to send an engineer round because signal and strength look fine from their end. Lame.
18 REPLIES 18
spazicus
Contributor
Message 2 of 19

Re: Faulty hub6

Go to solution

Get yourself a spare HH5, downtime is no fun!

£10ish from ebay.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Have you tried connecting to the Smarthub with anything other than your laptops?

0 Ratings
Stesmith
Beginner
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution
Yep iPhone android phone Macbook Android tablet WiFi cable all no good
0 Ratings
Stesmith
Beginner
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution
Best option or something a but more pricey more reliable?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

If you look through the forum you will see many threads about the wonderful Smarthub. The best advice is either go with suggestion in message 2 or buy a decent third party VDSL Modem/router. 

0 Ratings
Stesmith
Beginner
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution
Any suggestions for VDSL router? Am guessing it will still connect to my 'you view' box
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

It depends on your budget. A lot of the forum users use TP-Link VDSL modem/routers and seem to have no problems with them.

0 Ratings
Stesmith
Beginner
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution
OK thanks for your time and advice. I'll get one ordered
0 Ratings
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

@Stesmith wrote:
No Internet here for a month. No solution from BT. Hours on the phone. New hub6 sent in post which worked for 24hrs before failing. Wireless and Ethernet connections not possible. Wireless network connection and Local area connection doesn't have a valid IP address or configuration are problem solving reports from laptops. BT no help at all. Anyone else make any suggestions? I'm pretty sure it's just another faulty hub. Previous one worked for 3 months fine. Bt eventually replaced it telling me 'sometimes chips can be faulty'. Really poor product and even worse customer service. Refusing to send an engineer round because signal and strength look fine from their end. Lame.

If there were ever the opportunity to drop a letter from a user on the desk of a BT board member, that would do nicely.

Sympathies ...

0 Ratings