Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Judesman
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Favourites links to BT Hub Welcome after Hub Re-start

Go to solution

Help!  BT told me to re-start my Hub 4 after some problems and now when I click on most of my Favourites in Internet Explorer the BT Hub Welcome Page opens.  I can't even re-set my Home Page.  What has happened please this is a disaster.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Favourites links to BT Hub Welcome after Hub Re-start

Go to solution
Disaster? A bit extreme. An earthqauke in a densely populated area is a distaster.

Is this not simply the hub web page asking you to confirm if you want parental controls acivated or not? Once you've deicded that, it allows you to browse the web as normal.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

That can happen if your broadband connection is not working. You get directed to the home hub page all the time.

Is your Internet connection working, what lights are on the home hub?

It could also be what @Webby has mentioned.

Try turning Smart Setup off.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings
Judesman
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Yes Webby, a slight over reaction perhaps but I had just had a very long phone conversation with BT overseas support regarding my connection dropping out.  When I re-started the Hub I had no idea that I would have to set up everything again. I clicked on Keith's link and even that took me to "Page cannot be displayed" .  I have now deactivated Parental Controls and all seems to be working so thanks for your help.

May I ask how I change my Wireless Key? If I go to Advanced Settings/Wireless Key do I just over write the BT password that is displayed and click Apply?

I am afraid that it is years since I set up all of this and I had forgottenhow to deal with it.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Judesman
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Many thanks Keith. All done. If I type 192.168.1.254 into IE nothing happens and the link doesn't open so that seems odd. If I put http:// before the number then it works.

0 Ratings