cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kinallen31
Beginner
Message 1 of 30

Fed Up with BT's Complaint Department

At the end of augest i split from my ex-wife and as the broadband was in my name she had to take out a new contract for the bt infinty, i was told at the time that i would not have to pay the £30 cancelation fee by the advisor "as its not really a cancelation but a name change",  4 times since then i have received a bill and now a dept collection warning, each time i phone and complain or use the online chat service  and get told dont worry about it we can see you have payed the rest of the bill ignore this,  with the issure of the dept collection warning and fees etc I am rapidly coming to the end of my tether, up to now i have always been a happy BT cusomter even goign to far as to get BT infinty put into my new house, 

I have copy of the chat log from the online complain that can be passed on but i am hoping one of the mods here can give someone somewere a prod in the ass and restore this previoulsly happy BT customers faith in the company

John McDemott

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 30

Re: Fed Up with BT's Complaint Department

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum - I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've had. If you fill out the contact form for our team (you can find the link to it in my profile under "about me"), we can have a look to see what's going on with your account and get this straightened out for you.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DisgustedOne
Beginner
Message 3 of 30

Do BT have a complaints department.  There are numerous useless people and I mean useless all over BT in the UK, in India.  They are a shambles of a company.  Have been in contact probably 80 times, yes 80 - trying to get a house move solved, I just get nowhere.  I am written a lengthy letter back in August that never got responded to - even though I copied the Communications Ombudsmen. Yesterday I had a call at 4.55pm from a Northern Ireland sounding woman, who told me her name was Jennifer - I doubt that was her name.  She called me because I had not paid my bill - a bill that is totally inaccurate.  At 5pm when I was in the middle of giving her the reasons why I had not paid and how two accounts were now in my name at my new address her response was "oh I have to go now my shift has finished, I will call you back tomorrow.  Of courses she never called back."

You cannot talk to idiots to resolves complex problems that the idiots have caused in the first place.  You cannot threaten them with the Ombudsman or BBC's Watchdog.  You just wait until they take you to court and finally hope that someone with one ounce of common sense will see how appalling and useless this dreadful company is.

Go to sky everyone - BT's products are useless and cost much more and there is no customer service whatsoever.

DisgustedOne
Beginner
Message 4 of 30

you're sorry are you Dean.  Another useless person at BT who just says the word "sorry."  PATHETIC

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 30

Hi DisgustedOne,

I just want to assure you that the Mod team will be happy to pick up your complaint and stay in touch with you until you are satisfied everything has been addressed and sorted out.

We are sorry for the problems you have had and will follow this up with action as well.  If you are happy to give us a chance please drop us in email and we can get things in motion for you.

Just use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DisgustedOne
Beginner
Message 6 of 30

Go back to sleep Craig.  I have filled in one too many of your useless contact me forms.  It's newspapers and courts that I need to highlight the shoddy, useless company BT is and its staff.

I bet you are in bed now typing a few pathetic emails out to customers. 

rav4man
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 30

Why do you need to be contacted. You can see the problems, just wondered why you cannot just get on and sort out things, or do you need to be asked,

0 Ratings
kinallen31
Beginner
Message 8 of 30

after an inital reply from a complaint advsior stating that the charge stands, i replied with a copy of the chat logs of orginal conversation around charge and have now been told that the charge will be waved and feedback passed to orginal advsior, not sure if this was to do with the "contact me" i did as dean suggest or just a moment of clairty from an other advisor, the one thing this proves to me is that it pays to keep all comunications around charges,

If it was indeed help from the mods many thanks if not thanks anyway for pointing me in right direction and hopefully i wont be back in 4 weeks to necro this thread,

John
0 Ratings
adamant33
Beginner
Message 9 of 30

SO REFRESHING TO HEAR  OTHERS ARE HAVING THE SAME NIGHTMARE AS MYSELF! 

Where do I start? To say that my recent and on-going experiences are disgraceful is an understatement. Here’s the list of failing so far;

* started losing connection over 8 weeks ago, reported fault at least 20 times to some 'crib sheet' reading person based offshore, only to be given meaningless 'sorry's' and told they did not have the expertise to resolve my problem.

* wrote complaint letter that has yet to be responded to, not holding my breath. Kept calling asking for an engineer to call, apparently those staff members based in foreign climes don’t have permission to do this so you have to keep contacting BT until you are lucky enough to speak to someone from within the UK. This took me 4 weeks.

* Eventually got agreement for an engineer to call out (this is after 4 weeks of very intermittent connection, Took afternoon off work to meet engineer and guess what? the he didnt turn up. Called back to complain, more 'so sorry's' and new appointment made.

* Engineer appeared this time, though my problems were over as he replaced my router, home hub and wall socket, Hurrah! But wait, 5 minutes after he left lost connection again.

* By this time I was losing the will to live and the thought of speaking to another semi-illiterate morom was too much. I found that by emailing my complaint and insisting that someone call me back did away with the torture of having to listen to the four seasons whilst being left on hold for 40 minutes. When they did call back if it was one of the staff based offshore I insisted that I wanted to speak to someone from the UK. Each time I have done this so far, someone from the UK has rung me back, eventually.

* Since the engineer couldn’t fix my problem the call centre rep felt it was appropriate to send me out a new home hub kit for me to install myself, even though I had been previously quoted that "it was job that could only be carried out by one of our qualified engineers". I installed the hub and within 15 minutes the connection started dropping and has remained so since.

* New engineer appointment booked for this weekend, but I’m not holding my breath.

The most infuriating part of all of this is trying to communicate with BT and get any sort of useful response out of them. I no longer call the tech support line as it is a complete waste of time. I have had numerous calls from different departments, none of whom seem to communicate with each other, and all of whom have limited powers to actually do anything of any use. But MOST annoying is the ‘inane’ “so sorry’s you get from staff that has as much empathy as a cardboard box. – I’ll keep you posted.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 30

Hi adamant33,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'll be happy to look into this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings