cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TennantLowe
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Fed up With BT....................full stop!

Go to solution

3 months ago after repeatedly phoning CS's regarding slow BB,V04 erros on Vision-intermittant disconnections BT agreed to investigate the problem. 

#they sent an engineer to my house and he replaced  the faceplate on the main socket and installed a new cable running from the socket to my Hub 2,ran various tests that he wouldn't elaborate on except to say he was seeing FCC errors "off the scale".

However after he left,whatever he did my BB speed increased from 4 meg to 8.5 meg now 3months on the speed has dropped back to 3-4 meg (depending on time of day,slower during the day)and the V04 errors have resurfaced.

After complaining again,threatening to terminate my contract etc the CS  Techy  ran through the usual process of elimination and told me to leave my hub on for 48 hours while they ran tests.Again he wouldn't tell me which tests and what kinds of results he was looking for.

My feeling on this is that he was fobbing me off and it is BT's unofficial policy to gradually decrease customers speeds to the point of there tollerance ie when they phone up an complain at which point they reset their speed ans start again.

I ask myself why should i pay the same for the 8 meg i was getting 3 months with no errors as i am now for half the speed or worse with at times unwatchable BTVison?

FYI her are my hub stats:

Line stateConnected
Connection time1 days, 04:11:59
Downstream6,802 Kbps
Upstream944 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationG.992.5 Annex A
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)2.5 dB / 4.7 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)46.6 dB / 24.1 dB
Output power (Down/Up)8.7 dBm / 1.7 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote)0 / 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)36187 / 30576
CRC Errors (Down/Up)1387 / 51959
HEC Errors (Down/Up)15884 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote)452 / 11858

Hide Details

2 things confuse me about these results-firstly the speed is showing 6.8 meg,yet BT speedtester shows 3.4 and as i said my hub has been on for almost 3 dayss now but the Connection time is only just over 1 day.

Oh and 1 fianl thing,I'm fairly sure it said "Fast" instead of of "interleaved" afew days ago,why would this change ?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fed up With BT....................full stop!

Go to solution

Hi you curently have a 6.8mb connection   interleaving has come on automatically  because of the number of errors on your connection could you please post the results of the full bt  speedtest and also connect your hub to the test socket  and repost the hubstats after about 30 minutes  so we can see if there are any problems  with your internal wiring could you also try the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2  and post back the resuls as well it  should be totally silentspeedtest.jpg

0 Ratings
TennantLowe
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for your support and here are the Speedtester reults as you requested.....................

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 3.82 Mbps

0 Mbps4 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 3.82 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1.2 Mbps-4 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 3 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.77 Mbps

0 Mbps0.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.77Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
your IP Profile is low you need to maintain 3 + days stable connection and it should increase automatically you are on adsl2+ and your profile should normally change immediately there is any change of connection speed however it looks as though your line is still on the old system in which case all you can do is wait while it rises
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Ypur actual connection speed is correct for your distance from the exchange, you just have to leave things alone and wait to be moved up to the next IP profile.

You therortical connection speed is 6400Kbs, based on your line attenuation of 46.6dB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
TennantLowe
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for your input and taking the time to help me out but one haas to wonder why CS's couldn't just tell me this in the first place.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Glad to help any time
0 Ratings