cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 24

Fed up of capped speed

Hello everyone,

My modem just resynced (to my delight) after 18 days up. However, nothing seems to have changed. At all.

I was just wondering if anyone could have a look and see why it's stuck. BTW I'm about 650m from the cab (which isn't the closest PCP!), and I think for some reason I'm banded.

Oh it's Exchange Hyde (MRHYDE) Cabinet 18 😉

Cheers.

HG612.PNG

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: Fed up of capped speed

What's the estimate for your line when using this checker - http://www.dslchecker.bt.com ?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 24

It's all changed! Anyway, thanks for your reply.

HG612.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 24

There is a reported 13.7 - 27.4 band so your line could well have that applied if it keeps syncing at 27.4.

Your stats don't show much room for improvement though looking at the max attainable of 31 and a bit. If the DLM eventually changes the banding you might sync at that.

You need to compare that 31 against the estimated clean A range from the Wholesale checker to see if the line's performing as expected or not.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 24

Clean A range 29 - 39. Modem reporting max attainable 31. So no obvious problem based on those figures.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 24

It's at the very bottom of the clean. I'd be inclined to request an engineer, providing you've already attempted connecting to the test socket?

If you've not done the test socket check, could do that and report back the router stats? Notably the attainable rate.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 24

Yep, test socket and everything. Perfectly silent phone line and no extensions. I'm inclined to believe ther's some ali or some corroded copper somewhere between the NTE and the DSLAM. But then again, the line's only 11 years old from when they re-did the poles. Only got my BT 16 recrimped at the start of this year. I just think there's a problem outside of my control.

However, if I was to request an engineer, I always get concerned that they'll charge.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 24

What was the attainable rate in the test socket? Did it change?

If you're below the minimum speed for your line when connected to the test socket then no charge can be raised.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 24

What was the guaranteed minimum on the original order confirmation (if it gave one)?
Not the estimated range low but the different guaranteed minimum figure.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 24

are you a new bt customer or, as you are using a unlocked modem, have you been a customer for a few years?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings