Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ew90
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Fed up with bt.

So to cut a long story short, 

our phone line was crackly couldn't hear people on the phone and our internet was super slow and sometimes didn't work, after complaining numerous times , many engineers not turning up when they were supposed we said we would cancel if it wasn't sort...it wasn't sorted so we cancelled.....then BT decides they want to try and charge us £450 cancellation charge!!! 

Which we obviously fought...we were well within our rights to cancel.

Went to the ombudsman for help we told our side- BT told them we wanted to upgrade but not pay for it! So ombudsman won't help.

Now I have said all along I never agreed in any terms and conditions that I would pay rest of unused contract if I cancelled.

i found my email with order details in the small print states that

' the minimum guaranteed line speed you can expect from your broadband is shown above (2mb) we'll always do our best to give you this, but if you actual speed is slower and stays that way, you'll be able to cancel your broadband without having to pay for early termination charges.'

when we were complaining we were told it was running at 1.8! (And sometimes had no connection at all)

we have rung and spoken to 2 English people higher in the company and they both agreed we were right . But now they can't cancel the charge because it's gone through the final process. So we still have to pay the charge or dept collection will come!!!! 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fed up with bt.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fed up with bt.

@ew90

You might find this helpful.

See

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35296/~/your-line-speed-explained

Cancellation of your service will be subject to the following conditions:

• the fault must be reported within the first 90 days of your contract start date
  • speed faults will not be accepted within the first 10 days initial stabilisation period
  • all checks within your home must be completed as requested by our Helpdesk advisors
  • at least one engineer visit must be accepted if your line speed result from the BT Wholesale system speedtest* is below the Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed
  • BT is allowed up to 28 days to resolve the fault
  • you will be able to cease without penalty if BT is still unable to improve the speed measured by the BT Wholesale speedtest above your Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed.
  • the Minimum Guaranteed Speed relates to line speed only, not to download speeds.

0 Ratings