cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 23

Fed up with speed issues

Hello,

Ever since I got infinity 2 I have had issues with the spped dropping. No one from bt has ever followed the issue through.

When i first got it i was getting speeds of around 70mbps download. My IP line profile was at 76mbps. It then dropped over the next few months to around 60 to 65mbps.

Along with this, i often check the speed using the bt wholesale speedcheck, and it is often sitting at around 20mbps, if i disconnect my laptop and reconnect it jumps back up to where it was.

In addition to this my IP line profile has now dropped in the last week to 51mbps, which is now where my max download speed sits.

why would my IP profile spped suddenly drop by 25mbps???

Why cant my speed stay consistent so i dont have to keep diconnecting??

And please could a enginner phone, from the uk. I have one over the issue with different people from india about 5 times and gave up, they dont really know any more than me, no dicrespect meant, they are only trying to do there job.

Please please please, i am seriosly thinking of changing if this isnt sorted.

Greg

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 23

Re: Fed up with speed issues

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

As you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 23

your previous posts a few weeks ago the problem was low speed on wifi  did you sort that by changing channel or is this a continuation?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 23

Thank you, I will do that now.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 23

hello,

it is more than i wifi issue, its the same if i have a wired connection. ut yes, same issue as previos posts.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 23

See attached screenshots. I have also attached a screenshot of some results i got a week or so ago, this is what i was getting.

Capture 4.JPGCapture 2.JPGpic 1.JPGCapture 3.JPGCapture 5.JPG

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Ok, so just did another speed check, look at the low results. I then disconnected the laptop, reconnected it straight away and re ran the test.

2.JPG1.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 23

Were the btspeedtester results done with wired or wireless connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 23

Hello,

All done with a wired connection.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 10 of 23

Any ideas anyone why this is happening?

0 Ratings