Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 1 of 5

Feedback on the community

Hi folks,

As you know we want to have a positive and welcoming forum, and we feel that having you on-board is a great way to keep moving the community forward. This includes getting your feedback and thoughts on the community.

As you know we also have a “Guidance and Ideas” board that is generally quiet but we do occasionally see posts from other forum members with community-related suggestions, ideas or criticisms, and we do look at these and take them all on board for review.

The forum mods will always try to encourage feedback and suggestions where applicable, and we would very much like you all to embrace and thank input from other customers, if appropriate.

Everyone’s different and there will always be differences of opinion, but we welcome all constructive feedback and criticism and wanted to remind you all that, as CLs, that we need your help in keeping the community friendly and constructive.

As always, if you see anything that breaks the rules (fosters arguments, is flaming, etc) please flag to us.

Thanks,

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Feedback on the community

If this post is in relation to the latest post here https://community.bt.com/t5/Forum-Guidance-Ideas/Forum-Redesign-would-Help-Users/m-p/1431060#M3256 which I suspect it must be because there have been no other comments left by moderators on any of the other posts on that board, could you be more specific what the problem is or is it that we/I should not comment on anything posted there.

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 3 of 5

Hi gg,

I wasn’t trying to call out anyone or any thread in particular – just trying to say we’re mindful that outsiders/not regular posters may find the forum not user friendly and unfriendly, and we don’t want to discourage this kind feedback. The forum should and will evolve over time, and we don’t want to stifle these discussions (assuming they’re constructive – which goes without saying).

Also, I am also mindful of the fact that the CL status is recognised on the forum as a higher standing than a regular contributor, and with this you all also sometimes end up getting a hard time (being “called out” for working for BT, being “fan boys”, or even cliquey etc) and I guess I’m trying to minimise this potential backlash by asking everyone here that chooses to get involved in these kinds of discussions publicly to bear in mind what the mod team’s perspective on feedback/etc is.

Hope this makes sense,
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

So in other words if you don't agree with them or don't thank them for posting, don't  comment.

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Steph this a forum area I gad never visited before. Will keep an eye on it.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings