cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Feel like I have missed out

I signed up to BT infinity only last month and then find out that they now offer a free Youview box with any Infinity package, I feel I have really missed out on this deal....anyone else annoyed in the same situation?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Feel like I have missed out

You can still claim on some deals, but I'm not sure how to check or how to claim someone will be able to help you. 

This post also needs to be moved as it's in the wrong area.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I can't actually see that YouView offer on the BT website but I'm in a similar situation and a little pee'd off too to say the least.

I had to order Infinity over the phone because I had no internet connection at the time due to a problem with my old ISP and I only found out yesterday via an email from BT that I don't qualify for the £50 Sainsbury's voucher or the reduced £20 fee for the first 3 months because I didn't place the order using their online system, so I'm not getting any of the concessions at all which I thought I would get. I really don't see what difference it makes whether you place the order online or place the order by phone because it's still new business from a new customer but BT seem quite happy to discriminate against phone order customers which quite frankly is disgusting.

If I'd have known that at the time that I wasn't going to get any of the concessions because I'd ordered by phone, I'd have cancelled my phone order and used my works internet connection to place a new order. So anyone thinking of placing an order, just be warned about that little caveat.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

hi, 

I have emailed customer services and they have said in no uncertain terms can I get a YouView. Very adament. 

Where would you suggest I move this comment to?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Yes GaryM this seems very unfair!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 6

GaryM,

I'm in exactly the same situation, however as the telephone was in my wife's name and the broadband in mine the online ordering system would not let me place  an order. It only works if both services are in one name, go figure so I too missed out on the £20 for 3 months and £50 voucher, even worse I have a substandard connection. All after only 6 weeks with BT!

Not at all happy.

0 Ratings