cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Feeling Stupid !!

Out of curiosity, can someone show me what I have missed from the info below ??

I see that I would have to pay £5.75 multipied by 6 in the example; I also see Unlimited Weekend Plan futher down at £7.00, where do I find a reference to the " discount " on cancellation  so that I can make a calculation on a different plan ??

Contracts and Early Termination
(hold to term) charges
(updated 1st December 2014) What are early termination (hold to term) charges?

When you order services from BT there will normally be a minimum contract period of 12, 18 or 24 months. If you decide to stop receiving a service within this minimum contract period, you'll normally have to pay an early termination charge.

Will I have to pay an early termination (hold to term) charge if I am beyond my minimum contract period?

No. An early termination charge only applies if you cancel within your minimum contract period. So for example if you took a service with a 12 month minimum contract period and then wanted to stop receiving the service 13 months later, no early termination charge would be payable. However in most cases if you decide to stop a service, whether your minimum contract period has ended or not, you will need to give the required advance notice as set out in paragraph 21 of the Residential Standard Terms before your service will stop.

What will I be charged?

What you're charged depends on how long is left to run on your minimum contract period. The tables below show how much you're charged for each month remaining. So for example, if you have six months left on your telephone service Unlimited Weekend Plan minimum contract period, you'll have to pay a charge of £5.75 multiplied by six, which is £34.50. You may also have to pay a charge for any equipment we have provided at a reduced cost for use with the service you are ending – see our terms and conditions or Tariff Guide for more details.

Full Terms & Conditions
Telephone ServiceMonthly Charge
Line Rental Only£6.75
Unlimited Weekend Calls£6.75
Unlimited Evening & Weekend Calls£7.75
Unlimited Anytime Calls£11.50
Unlimited Weekend Plan£7.00
Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan£9.00
Unlimited Anytime Plan£10.50
Unlimited Anytime Plan Plus£13.25
Unlimited Anytime Mobile Plan

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Feeling Stupid !!

My best guess is that BT have put the prices up - with a consequent increase in the early termination fee - but forgotten to update the text above the table.  I can't think of any other explanation.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the reply Ectophile.

So if that is the case then it appears to me that any terms and conditions from BT aren't worth the paper they are written on as they can pick and choose the " terms and conditions " they work under.  There is no clear guidence for customers.  I wonder how the Bangladesh division would explain this one ???

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

The 'hold to term' charges always confused me. Say that you have both a BT phone line and BB service and you move both to some other ISP. Does the section that would apply then only be the 'Broadband & Calls' section or is this in addition to the 'Telephone Service' section?

Also, what's the difference between 'Unlimited Broadband + Unlimited Weekend Calls' and 'Unlimited Faster Broadband + Unlimited Weekend Calls'?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

'Unlimited Faster Broadband + Unlimited Weekend Calls'?

unlimited faster broadband is a fibre service offered to sub15 mb infinity customers
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

@john46 wrote:
'Unlimited Faster Broadband + Unlimited Weekend Calls'?

unlimited faster broadband is a fibre service offered to sub15 mb infinity customers

Thanks. I wondered what this was.

Going back to my other query do you know which section(s) apply in the example?

"Say that you have both a BT phone line and BB service and you move both to some other ISP. Does the section that would apply then only be the 'Broadband & Calls' section or is this in addition to the 'Telephone Service' section?"

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

@Telecom89 wrote:

Thanks. I wondered what this was.

Going back to my other query do you know which section(s) apply in the example?

"Say that you have both a BT phone line and BB service and you move both to some other ISP. Does the section that would apply then only be the 'Broadband & Calls' section or is this in addition to the 'Telephone Service' section?"

Anyone know the answer to this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

line rental is separate to your package of Broadband and calls.  hence when advertised you see package cost and then somewhere else you see line rental cost in addition.  often you start with 18month package deal but you can select line rental saver which is only 1 year

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

Ah - so by this reasoning both sections would apply where a phone line and BB service was moved to some other supplier?

Thanks. I do think they could make this clearer in the relevant document...

0 Ratings