cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Fiber installed to exchange without cabinet?

We can get LTE in some places but it can be unreliable at times.

Best speed I've managed to get is roughly 45Mbps and that was a long time ago.  It was giving 5 megabytes per second at one stage, but that was with EE and it has worsened over time.  Now it's barely 1 Megabyte per second and drops frequently now.

I ported my main number over to BT and found the signal is somewhat less.  I guess they have a smaller slice of the band.

But I wanted to benefit from the 4GB per month as it helps regarding how pathetic our main broadband is.

Now it feels as though the mobile signal is joining it for some reason.

I swear I live in a black hole lol

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

Have you considered getting a data plan? I think EE do a 50GB plan for probably not a whole lot more than you're paying for line rental plus broadband, and if you use an outside antennea or a 4G router with with external aerials you might be able to get a decent signal?

Just as a stop gap until faster services are available?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

Also take a look here https://www.scotlandsuperfast.com/where-when/the-programme/alternative-solutions/

Specifically the bit at the bottom about the better broadband subsidy scheme.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

I have looked into dropping the broadband and getting something like an Osprey.  Pricewise it would be maybe a little more, but the signal has become unreliable now.

I also require the phoneline so will still have to pay for line rental and have numerous email addresses that I need to hold onto, so I'll need to pay to hold on to that, too.

Even now I am having issues trying to activate an offer from EE giving me 5 days unlimited everything for £5 and that expires at midnight tonight.  Looks like I'm going to miss out on that due to technical issues with EE.

I have looked into the Better Broadband scheme but keep getting told that I am not eligible since I am getting "super fast broadband" in less than 6 months.  They keep moving the date that we are supposed to be getting fibre so it keeps making me uneligible.  Been quite a few years that that has been happening.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

As it stands there doesn't seem to be any plans to provide you with superfast broadband in the next 12 months, so you should be eligible for the voucher.
0 Ratings