cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fibre 100 equipment question

Hi,

Ive got Fibre 100 being installed in 2 weeks,

Im currently with EE 150 and as there router was rubbish, i installed my own Deco mesh system directly to the EE openreach gfast modem and took the router out completely. All i had to do was change the Deco to PPPoe and enter my EE user and password into the Deco M4.

So my question is, as Bt are sending a Smart Hub 2 for the install, do they also use a seperate Openreach gFast modem or is everything inside the SH2 ? 

so I guess i have 2 options-

If there is no seperate modem, would i have to use the Sh2 instead of the Deco mesh system, or hope they they work together,

Or, can i keep my old  openreach modem supplied by EE, which is made by Huawei, and just change the Deco password to one that works with BT , and not install the sh2 at all?

Thanks,

John

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre 100 equipment question

The SH2 incorporates a G.Fast modem so no standalone modem is supplied.

If the EE modem is purely a modem, it should work with the Deco as the PPPoE credentials will be on that.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks,

Yes the EE modem is purely a moden, so think i will keep it pluged in instead of the SH2,

one more question, 

What is the BT PPPoE user and password, is this a one fits all or specific for me, and where would i find this?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

It is generic as authorisation is against the line.

Username is bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password can be anything but it is usual to use BT.

VLAN id is 101

0 Ratings