cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ROBO227
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Fibre Activation Status

Hello, this is my first time posting on here. My problem is that fibre has recently been installed near me and is currently being activated the problem is that I have no information regarding a date that I can expect the fibre service to be activated, we have rung BT many times and recieve varying results on when we can expect a fibre service, we rang up in April and the operator said a fibre service would be availible within 4 months however this is evidently not the case as its september and I am still stuck with god awful ADSL broadband with a line speed of 3Mbps which drops dramatically when more than one device is connected to the broadband, sometimes even loading web pages is a struggle. The most annoying thing is that the neighbours which live 50 metres away have access to a fibre service, which frankly is shocking and I'm lost as to why this is the case and why the activation process is taking so long?

I have been on various websites like the openreach when and where site and the DSL checker and the information provided is next to useless, please can somebody help me get to the bottom of this infuriating issue?Screenshot_19.jpgScreenshot_20.jpg

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Fibre Activation Status

You just need to wait.

No ISP or anyone on this forum will be able to tell you a date.

How long has it been at activate?

Usually, it's ready within 1-4weeks of it being at activate.

Keep a eye on the actual fibre cabinet. Once the testing has been done, a secure silver lock is usually fitted. The cab will be accepting orders within a few days of the silver lock being fitted.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
ROBO227
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Hi thanks for the quick reply. I'ts been at activate for about 5 months now hence my frustration, any idea on why it's taking so long? And I haven't noticed any lock on the cabinet although I haven't been looking for one. Thanks

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

there are many reasons such as waiting power being provided possible blocked cable ducts preventing fibre being blown to the cabinet all you can do is wait and keep checking
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Once it's at activate, the fibre and power are already at the cab and connected up.

Possible reasons for delay at activate are usuallt around exchange issues, like needing more capacity (additional hardware) for the fibre link or, some issue with the connection between the cab and the exchange.

OP, have you tried contact Openreach via their fibre contact form?

Do you know if this is an Openreach funded or BDUK funded cabinet?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
ROBO227
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

I'm not sure whether it's BDUK or Openreach, I know the fibre was installed through a 3rd party company if that's any help and no I havent contacted openreach only BT
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 12

@john46 wrote:
there are many reasons such as waiting power being provided possible blocked cable ducts preventing fibre being blown to the cabinet all you can do is wait and keep checking

Strictly speaking all that should have been done under the Connect part of the fibre journey before being moved to the Activate stage as per the descriptions used in the fibre journey. My new fibre cabinet has at last reached the connect stage but the power run needed is at least 90m which has its own problems alledgedly.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Try contacting Openreach through their fibre contact web form.
0 Ratings
ROBO227
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Could you possibly provide me a link to the web form, I have been on the openreach website and have had no luck finding it.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

0 Ratings