Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Fibre Broadband for Residential Customers with Exchange Only Lines

Hello all

Does anyone know when Fibre Broadband is going to be made available to those residential customers with Exchange Only Lines?

I live in a house that was built in 1988 and it is frustrating that the neighbours, both sides, are able to get Fibre and yet I am not as I have an Exchange Only Line.

I am in Doncaster connected to the Armthorpe Exchange.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre Broadband for Residential Customers with Exchange Only Lines

only openreach will have that information   have you tried contacing opennreach  https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi Kevin,

I feel your pain I have Exchange Only Line I live in wales and the welsh goverment paid for the fill in for areas that were not cost effective here.

What they need to do is place a fiber cabinet outside the exchange and feed the EO lines out to it and back in to the exchange I believe as I was told the fiber can cause issues with the equipment in the exchange I believe the boxes are placed according to demand and cost effectivness.

Not sure if this site can help you http://www.superfastsouthyorkshire.co.uk/sfsy/where

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Hopefully you currently get a decent adsl speed because if you don't it is likely you would be too far from the cabinet, whenever installed, to get an adequate fibre connection.

0 Ratings