cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evansmg00
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Fibre Broadband gone down

Hi would appreciate any advice. Have fibre broadband with a HomeHub 5. Internet working fine late Friday night. Woke up early yesterday to no connection and orange light of death on the hub. Tried usual resetting, hard reset, unplugging etc no joy. Rang BT support in India, the guy rang back on mobile and checked the line for 15 mins or so. He advised fault at the exchange. Said next available engineer visit is Mon 6th March. 

Checked with several neighbours no one else having any issues, none of them with BT so can't check if it's the router at fault. 

Obviously I'm not an expert but doesn't make sense that we are the only ones with a problem if it's a fault at the exchange. Fairly annoying to be without broadband for over a week at least as need to work from home and 3G is patchy in our area only works upstairs. quick search has shown engineer visit doesn't always solve these issues so thinking could be weeks before internet working again. 

We we are currently out of contract so just wondering if it might be worth doing any of the following:

ringing support again to recheck line

requesting a new router

leaving  to another provider

any thoughts or suggestions much appreciated! 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Fibre Broadband gone down

Which exchange are you on as currently there are a few cabinet problems throughout the country due to severe weather problems?

0 Ratings
evansmg00
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Not sure my postcode is LL11 4QE in Wrexham if that helps! Have checked and neighbours on both sides are working fine 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Is your phone working?

0 Ratings
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

I had same problems yesterday woke up about 7 o'clock Hub 6 was showing blue light working fine IPv6 working no problems then around 8.45 hub showing orange light rebooted hub and still stuck on orange light, thought it could be smart hub so swapped it for hub 5 and that ended up on orange light too, so 30 minute phone call to India and they said fault on the line and should be fixed within 24 hours? Anyway 2 hours later comes back on but IPv6 is now disabled on network but active on hub, but has been active on the smart hub since installing it over 3 weeks ago I'm assuming there must be exchange/network problems within BT at the moment, I'm on the Wrexham North Exchange LL11, phone is working fine ?

0 Ratings
evansmg00
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Yes phone working fine

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

@evansmg00There's no weather damage there.

@Keith_BeddoeThe phone would still work. This issue is no power to the fibre cabs in certain areas. I should imagine most are resolved now as it was Fridays weather that caused it.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 8 of 10

@evansmg00 Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to look into this for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
evansmg00
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Thanks Neil have submitted ticket ref no *****-*****

cheers

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 10 of 10

@evansmg00 I called there but missed, has your connection been ok over the last couple of days?

0 Ratings