Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ABS8181
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Fibre Cabinet Full

Hi All,
Need some help regarding our Fibre cabinet being full. It is a new development so I understand that demand is high but there is no indication of when it will have availability or notification service. I have read advice in this forum about checking daily which seems primitive way of working in this advance age. Does anyone know or can anyone help identify a way to understand or get estimated date of when cabinet will have space? We have a close knit community of 19 houses of which 3 have fibre but rest still waiting and willing to join ( please note this is just one road in the development). Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fibre Cabinet Full

Only Openreach would have that information, as they provide the cabacity for all providers.

http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/help-and-support/fibre-broadband-availability.aspx

The best thing to do at the moment, is to place an order for a phone line. Once that is working, then place an order for broadband.

0 Ratings
ABS8181
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi Keith,
Thanks for your reply. Sorry, should have mentioned I already have a BT phone line and normal broadband. I will check the link out but all experience chasing this information had got no where till date i.e speaking to BT retail and also to open reach when someone nice is willing to speak else they just stonewall you by saying they don't deal with public and refer back to BT and BT CS just says they have no idea😔.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

There is not much you can do. What speed do you get with normal broadband, as that tends to be more consistent on download speed compared with a FTTC connection, especially if there is heavy demand at peak times?

0 Ratings
ABS8181
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi Keith,
Filled up the form and will update when and if I hear something. Thanks again.
Regards
Abs
0 Ratings