cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Fibre Inifnity 2 - Horrendous Speeds

Hi folks,

As the title says I have been using BT for a few months now and everything was great. I had 50+MBps and could stream/download on many devices without problem for work flow.

But suddenly over the past 2/3 weeks the connection speed has plumited, I get around 10/15MBps down and cannot stream a youtube video without the entire network crashing at home. I had an engnieer come out and attempt to fix the phone line which turned out to be an external issue but this did nothing for the speed problem.

I have spoke with a few live chat reps and they insist that I do this and that with my router but that is not the problem. It is causing huge downtimes for my work load(Game Designer) which is extremely costly. 

I was wondering what I need go about doing to get this issue sorted?

Thanks!

2016-02-09 21_30_19-BTW Performance Test.png

2016-02-09 21_35_32-BT Home Hub Manager - Line Status.png

Edit: I'm in Northern Ireland. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fibre Inifnity 2 - Horrendous Speeds

2016-02-09 21_26_54-ADSL Checker.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Please remove your phone number from the above post. This is a public forum.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Done. Didn't notice that one thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

As you appear to have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the Homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

0 Ratings