cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 12

Fibre Not available to me or 3 neighbours but everyone else connected to Cabinet!

fibre2.jpgfibre1.jpgHi everyone, we moved to this location 3 years ago and have had speeds of >1mb since then. Our cabinet was at full capacity until 1st february this year when an additonal cabinet went live. 

All our neighbours are able to order fibre but the openreach checker shows under the technology tab just a - but for all my other neighbours it shows FTTC.

Could this be a database error and if so how do i fix it.

Edit: First image is one of my neighbours and second is mine showing being connected to same cabinet 

Thanks

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Fibre Not available to me or 3 neighbours but everyone else connected to Cabinet!

You need to check your line using the BT Wholesale checker at www.dslchecker.bt.com. Once you have your results post them here (make sure to remove your phone number).
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Re: Fibre Not available to me or 3 neighbours but everyone else connected to Cabinet!

What speed estimations do your neighbours get when using the Wholesale DSL checker in comparrison to your line?

Your line could be too far from the cabinet if it's routed differently to your neighbours.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 12

Hi, thanks for the replies people, this first image is my results, the second is my neighbours who have just been able to order since the capacity increase on the 1st feb and the 3rd image is from a neighbour who has had fibre since before the capacity of the original cabinet was full. All coming from the same cab.

fibre3.jpg

fibre4.jpg

fibre5.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

When you say neighbour, how close are we talking here?

One neighbour can get 68-80meg, the other 30-40meg, therefore their lines are about 5-600m different in length. If you're another 500m from the neighbour who can get the lower speeds then it's likely you're too far from the cabinet.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 12

Well to be fair the neighbour with 80 is a good bit from me and near enough right beside the cabinet, however the other enighbours who can get 30-40 are 5-10 metres across the street. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Cables don't always take the shortest route. The cable may go down one side of the road and then loop back, so although directly across the road, your line could be 200, 300, 500 or even 1000m longer than your neighbours.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 12

/yeah I see what your saying, my house was built 5 years ago and the ones directly opposite last year. Im in a row of 5 houses myself at one end and the neighbour at the far end is the first on our side to be able to order, everyone past them can order.

Such a strange and frustrating issue lol

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

What speeds are shown for the neighbour on your side who can order? And how far from you are they?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 12

The neighbour on my side is showing 34-40 and they are maybe 30-40 metres away
0 Ratings