cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 41 of 101

Re: Fibre Optic availability

Pepper street is exchange only cable so no fibre at the moment.

0 Ratings
jackiepace
Beginner
Message 42 of 101

Re: Fibre Optic availability

and no way of finding out where we are on the waiting list I guess

0 Ratings
sy5gtt
Contributor
Message 43 of 101

Are openreach telling me porkies

My cabinet is due for FTTC upgrade. When??? This is the question I emailed Openreach. They told me March 2013. Now we have no date on the ADSL checker or any mention of FTTC at all.

Surely if March was the planned date for activation we'd see a new cabinet being installed and have some info on the ADSL checker, wouldn't we??
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 101

Re: Are openreach telling me porkies

not until the cabinet goes live only then the wholesale checker will be updated as you have been told the date is an estimate and could be longer
0 Ratings
sy5gtt
Contributor
Message 45 of 101

But some people have a cabinet upgrade date on the ADSL checker don't they? Someone has posted saying a date of December 2013!

If this is correct why don't I have a date of March 2013?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 101

they normally only update the checker with an approximate date if it is known as all dates are quarterly place holders accurate activation dates are then posted al you can do is wait I am afraid 

In my own case it vanished from the checker and then appeard again only when the cabinet went live it is nothing to worry about 

0 Ratings
DeanM
Moderator-Retired
Message 47 of 101

Did Openreach actually tell you that it was going to be upgraded by March 2013 (give or take for delays etc.), or that this was a review date after which further work or investigations would take place?

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
sy5gtt
Contributor
Message 48 of 101

This is a quote from open reaches email

In your locality work is ongoing. Currently this is awaiting power and other works, and the estimated date for cabinet 10 enablement is close March 2013 assuming there are no major issues.

Remember we have NO new cabinet yet!
0 Ratings
TheHorseman
Contributor
Message 49 of 101

In my case the FTTC cab went in 11 weeks and 3 days before it went live and the date given by the BT checker kept moving about.

0 Ratings
sy5gtt
Contributor
Message 50 of 101

Thing is there is no mention of FTTC on the ADSL check.

I just thought if March was when they have it planned, a date of, um, I don't know, maybe March, would be on the checker.
0 Ratings