cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheHorseman
Contributor
Message 51 of 101

Re: Are openreach telling me porkies

I would have expected it to be on the checker. My cabs go live date was March 31st 2011 and it was showing on the BT checker in November 2010, maybe a little before.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 52 of 101
Moved:

Re: Open reach says Yes, Infinity says No

0 Ratings
Bodel32
Beginner
Message 53 of 101

Fibre enabled cabinet 100m away but yet no fibre?

Hi all,

we've had a fibre enabled cabinet less than 100m from our house for some months but yet BT checker says our house is not scheduled for fibre.

any idea why we'd not be able to obtain fibre but yet the house over the road is??

thanks!

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 54 of 101

Re: Fibre enabled cabinet 100m away but yet no fibre?

Perhaps because you are connected to a different cabinet?

0 Ratings
RichRolls
Aspiring Expert
Message 55 of 101

Re: Fibre enabled cabinet 100m away but yet no fibre?

Strange as it may seem, it probably means you are not connected to that cabinet, but perhaps to another one that has not yet been enabled, or else you are connected straight to the exchange.

I assume you have a BT line, so the BT checker will be the most accurate.

Rich

If you found this information helpful, please click the star to the left of this post. If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Sumrandom123
Beginner
Message 56 of 101

Which cabinet am I on?

Hi guys, new to the forum.

I'm just wondering which cabinet am I on? My postcode is cf41 7qd and my local exchange is tonypandy which is due to be enabled for infinity on December 31st. Just wondering because there are 2 cabinets of which I can find that are about the same distance from my house so I'm assuming I must be using one of them. They are p5 and p6 I think but p6 has a nice new upgraded fibre cabinet and p5 just the old one. Really hoping I'm on p6 but not getting my hopes up. So any help would be grateful. Thanks guys
0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 57 of 101

Re: Which cabinet am I on?

Go to this URL: https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Community/Broadband_Community/Coverage/ADSL_Availibility_Ch...#

Enter your phone number and hope it says FTTC is coming your way.

0 Ratings
FTTC_UT
Beginner
Message 58 of 101

Is it possible to move my lines cabinet to Infinity enabled nearby?

Hi All

I have recently moved into a new development to which I found out Fibre wasn’t available to my cabinet.

After some research I realised my neighbours on the opposite side of the road (which aren’t new builds) have access to Fibre. I wanted to know if BTOpenreach can move my line to a cabinet that has fibre enabled.

Due to business justifications I’m sure BT will ever enable my cabinet, as my current cabinet doesn’t serve many houses for them to recoup their money back. I’m currently stuck on a 1MB or less connection and desperately need a faster line as I do a lot of work from home which is bandwidth intensive. 

All help will be appreciated.

Regards

0 Ratings
RichRolls
Aspiring Expert
Message 59 of 101

Re: Which cabinet am I on?

I am sorry to tell you that these dates often slip.  Look around the forum and you'll find plenty.

I would think that after Christmas, the date will slip a quarter to 31/3/13, and then probably to 30/6/13 near the end of March.

Ours finally went in about 7 months after vthe initial date quoted.

I hope I am wrong, and that you do get it by 31/12.

Rich

If you found this information helpful, please click the star to the left of this post. If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
dylanere
Aspiring Expert
Message 60 of 101

Upset :( Date Changed

On the checker it used to say dec31st 12, now it says, mar31st 13 😞

0 Ratings