Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Telfer
Beginner
Message 33 of 101

Fibre Optic availability

Heya all,

I live in Boardwalk Place (Poplar exchange) and 4 out of 5 buildings in the block had fibre optic for like a year already, while my building (1 out of 5) still has no fiber optic. It doesnt make sense as all buildings are surrounded by water andthere is no chance on other cabinet or else.

The question is who and how i can contact to try and start an investigation into the issue?

Thanks in advance

Dmitry

0 Ratings
100 REPLIES 100
davidjbfreer
Beginner
Message 1 of 101

BT Infinity Roll-Out Cosham exchange

So exactly when is the Cosham exchange (and Portchester in particular) going to get BT Infinity?  All the neighbouring exchanges get a mention in the roll-out plan but Cosham is off the plot!  Its embarrassing having to go the opposition for even a modest broadband service.

David

0 Ratings
RobsonGTO
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 101

Openreach engineer me telling porkies about infinity?!?

I had my phone line installed about a week ago as the place i have moved into is a new build (2 years old) so while the engineer was out i asked about infinity, he told me my cabinet number and said it should be available march if not sooner. So i went to find my cabinet but it didnt have any of the new style infinity boxes next to it with the vents ect....so i looked up and down the main road and all the other ones do have them. So went on the online checker, found the exchange is enabled, put in some phone numbers of some local businesses, they can all get it bar anyone on this new build estate!

Would anyone be able to tell me if its true that this cabinet will be enabled anytime soon? cabinet number 71, Postcode LN6 8HL.

Many thanks,

Andy

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 101

Re: Openreach engineer me telling porkies about infinity?!?

This may help you 

Within an exchange area there will be some customers who can't get BT Infinity. There are several reasons why this could be the case:

Your phone line may be connected directly to the telephone exchange and not to a local street cabinet.
Your line may be too far from the local street cabinet to have a stable BT Infinity service.
Your local street cabinet may not be suitable for fibre optic cables.
We haven't yet got the council's planning permission to do the necessary work at your local street cabinet.
So, even though you may be within an enabled exchange area, it's possible that your particular line may not be able to have BT Infinity yet.

Our availability checker at www.bt.com/infinity has the latest detail about what speed your line can provide.

0 Ratings
RobsonGTO
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 101

Ive seen that standard message from the other threads but i have also seen some people put in there postcode and cabinet and got back dates of when that cabinet is due to be upgraded or when its available, i guess its a leaked document so not shouted about much?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 101

Sometimes 1 postcode can be served by more than one cabinet. It's always most accurate to test by telephone number.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
tecmic
Contributor
Message 6 of 101

None of those reasons apply to my line and the Checker says my line is capable of supporting an Infinity service.  Just to add insult to injury, my local exchange states it's accepting orders and I still cannot order Infinity!!  So, what is bt NOT telling me?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 101

Tecmic I believe you've been informed on a couple of occasions that even though an exchange may be accepting orders, this does not mean that all cabinets are ready for service. As soon as 1 cabinet is ready for service on an exchange the exchange tends to go to accepting orders.

Bide your time, it will come 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
sy5gtt
Contributor
Message 8 of 101

Your postcode isn't on the list but cab 71 is and there doesn't seem to be any plans for it at the moment.
0 Ratings
RobsonGTO
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 101

Well i went for a run last night and to my suprise i saw this:-

diggin.jpg

two massive holes outside Cabinet 71, with what looks like a big blue pipe going between them....so fingers crossed this is the start of the new Infinity Cabinet coming...guess he wasnt fibbing after all 😄

0 Ratings