cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmehr
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 101

Re: Openreach engineer me telling porkies about infinity?!?

The cabinets for FTTC by me have now been there for over a year now but I still can not get it its apparently gonne be in March now
0 Ratings
RobsonGTO
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 101

Re: Openreach engineer me telling porkies about infinity?!?

has the exchange been enabled too?
0 Ratings
gigloo99
Beginner
Message 12 of 101

Re: BT Infinity Roll-Out Cosham exchange

December 2012.
0 Ratings
darrenp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 101

Open reach says Yes, Infinity says No

Hello

My exchange (Shirley west midlands) says now accepting orders on open reach website.

However BT infinity checker for my telephone number says 

Sorry, you're not currently able to get BT Infinity. This may be because your area has not been enabled yet, or your individual line does not support super-fast broadband. Register your interest and we'll let you know if this changes.

Does this mean our cabinet was left out?

How do I find out more?

thanks

0 Ratings
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 14 of 101

Re: Open reach says Yes, Infinity says No

Hi what do you get if you use this link. http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

0 Ratings
fortytwo
Contributor
Message 15 of 101

An unofficial checker which gives a bit more than yay/nay - http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/fibre/checker.php

0 Ratings
darrenp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 101

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 512Kbps. However, due to the length of your line, an engineer visit may be required, who will, where possible, supply the broadband service.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 1Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 750Kbps and 2.5Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 1.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 1Mbps and 3.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 500Kbps and downstream line speed of 1.5Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 1Mbps and 3.5Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.

Thank you for your interest.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Note: If you already have a Broadband service enabled on this line and you want to switch service providers, you will need to contact both your current provider and your new provider to get your service changed over new and existing service provider to have this service transferred.

0 Ratings
darrenp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 101

This sounds terrible - my current speed is 4mb with o2, multiply this by 1.32?!! that can't be right?!!

Speed Increase means multiple your current speeds by this factor to get an estimate of possible download speeds e.g. a factor of 12.5 

PostcodeExchange Service Type Probability Speed Increase Phase Cabinet

SHIRLEY; WEST MIDLANDSFTTC100%1.328aP63

We have also checked the latest Openreach data, which tells us the following:Exchange Name FTTC or FTTP Explanation

CMSHISHIRLEY, WEST MIDLANDSFTTC availableCurrent forecast date is Jun-12
Check back closer to the date, when more information on availability in the exchange area will be available.

0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 18 of 101

The speed increase is only an estimate, however it may be possibe that your are quite far from the cabinet.

The rollout phase for your cabinet is to be upgraded anything up to September, so sit tight!

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 19 of 101

The Link I provided to you is what I used, and when it says WBC FTTC is available then your ready to go infinity there are to many Fibre checkers out there , My old ISP also got it wrong using there Fibre Checker.