Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrenp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 101

Re: Open reach says Yes, Infinity says No

The TalkTalk checker says this...

Superfast Fibre Optic Broadband is planned for your area in October 2012.
0 Ratings
darrenp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 101

0 Ratings
darrenp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 101

Quick update

Checker started saying "30th september" a few days ago and gave a speed estimate.

Then yesterday it changed to "available now" !! Ordered 🙂

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 101

Re: Fibre Optic availability

You are probably on an exchange only cable. The solution for these types of connection is fibre into the building which they are starting in poplar. It will be a bit of a wait before they get round to you. Speak to your landlord and ask if they have had contact with bt openreach about installing fibre into the building.

0 Ratings
mash2u
Beginner
Message 35 of 101

Folks, My first post here and I'm sorry to jump in on this thread. However, I didn't think it was worth a new post considering I live around the corner from Poplar. My building, 1 West India Quay, finally got fiber installed into the building about a month ago (been in the press for 8 odd months!). Unfortunately, we are still not able to get internet as Openreach still has some work to do on the exchange (Canary Wharf) before our building is declared "live". I believe our neighbours at Port East are still waiting having had their install 3 months back. Which brings me to my question, how long do these upgrades at an exchange take? Canary wharf exchange is small comparatively. Anybody have any insight on when we might be able to put in our orders with BT Retail for FTTP? ADSL Max is horrible and the wait is killing me. Thank you in advance. Mash
0 Ratings
DeanM
Moderator-Retired
Message 36 of 101

Poplar does seem to have a bit of a mad setup with cabling routes but if you want us to double check whether your line is EO or not feel free to fill out our contact form (the link to which you can find in my profile under "about me").

These two links might also be useful - I'll add them into my sticky at the top of the Infinity forum later on for a permanent reference:

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/resident/ (you can fill this out yourself)

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/landlord/ (you need to give this to the owner of your property/building)

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mash2u
Beginner
Message 37 of 101

Thanks Dean.  However, I'm not on the Poplar exchange, I'm on Canary Wharf (LNCNW) - if that makes any difference.

I'll fill out the contact form anyway.  Thanks again.

0 Ratings
JEJeffrey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 101

Re: BT Infinity Roll-Out Cosham exchange

Wow, does that mean I'll finally get better than 3GB in time for Christmas?

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 39 of 101

Re: BT Infinity Roll-Out Cosham exchange

No it doesn't . The cabinets are updated in a different time frame and could be a long time depending on the roll out.

Have you tried this link as it will give you some idea hopefully

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

0 Ratings
jackiepace
Beginner
Message 40 of 101

Openreach's when and where page indicates that the Poplar Exchange is taking orders for superfast broadband (as I think it has indicated for the last six months that i've been looking).  However I can't find one supplier who can offer our office in Pepper Street superfast broadband.  Indeed we are on a maximum of about 5mbps which, as has been said before,  is ridiculous for this area.

I've been given so many different reasons for the delay - demand exceeding supply, old cables, openreach having had to refocus on weather damaged phone lines.

Can anyone advise me of anyone I may not have tried?

Bethere say they can give us increased broadband speed of 10mbps which I find difficult to believe as the phone lines/distance from exchange wouldn't be any different with them surely?

Canary Wharf seem spoiled for choice yet a little further out and it's as if we're in the sticks!

Any advice greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings