cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryant704
Guru
Message 61 of 101

Re: Upset :( Date Changed

The dates are placeholders and are subject to change.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
jan08
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 101

BT Wholesale checker date given

For the first time, and its changed over the course of today, the BT Wholesale Check gives me a date and says my cabinet will be live by 31st March and offer speeds up to speed of 52.5Mbps and upstream line speed of 13.2Mbps.

I check this every day and have for months but today iss the first time its ever given a date on there. Is this good news, and do you think the 31/3/13 just a holding date?

Feels like Christmas a week early 😄

0 Ratings
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 63 of 101

Re: BT Wholesale checker date given

It almost certainly IS a holding date, but of course that doesn't mean you won't get it by 31/3  -  it just means you shouldn't get your hopes up too far.

jan08
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 101

Expectations lowered then, but its hard staying patient!

0 Ratings
jan08
Aspiring Contributor
Message 65 of 101

Do indivdual cabinets have holding dates then? I knew the actual exchanges did, as ours kepts getting put back in quarterly chunks, but didn't realize cabinets were then subject to the same fate

0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 66 of 101

You need to check the BT infinity site using your phone number (if you haven't already done that!). that's the only site which will let you know if your house is due to be enabled.

And yes, march is an estimated date but there's no reason to think it will get moved back
crayfishuk
Beginner
Message 67 of 101

Re: Upset :( Date Changed

Yup.

It's the same checklist that said that Flitwick and a large number of others were to be March 2012 - until March when it changed to October 2012 - until October when it changed to December 2012 -- and guess what, now it's December, it now changes to March 2013.  The majority of the list has moved every time the 'deadline' approaches.

I can see that things slip; and that obviously some exchanges *are* being upgraded. But this is wholesale misrepresentation of the reality.  It's not possible that the huge list of exchanges that have suddenly 'slipped' were all really ever going to go live in December. All at once? Really?  I doubt that they will do so in March either.

It appears to me that BT are WILFULLY misleading the public by keeping that carrot 3 months away so that they don't jump ship or commit to a contract with a competitor.  If they said it was 9 months away, or a year away -- people would go somewhere else;  by making only 3 months away, people hang on.

Surely this should be covered by some kind of advertising misrepresentation rule????

-Craig

0 Ratings
jackiepace
Beginner
Message 68 of 101

Re: Fibre Optic availability

The BT Openreach page still says Poplar Exchange is Accepting Orders.  Surely someone can keep their website updated.  Can I no longer believe the Openreach website?  I'm going round in circles.

0 Ratings
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 69 of 101

Re: Fibre enabled cabinet 100m away but yet no fibre?

could be the database hasnt been updated yet, i live in a block of 8 new build and while the whole street can get infinity i had to contact the nga team and they updated the database after checking the records

now sitting on 71.04/17.28 instead of a lowly 3.5 adsl2+

0 Ratings
fishgutt
Contributor
Message 70 of 101

infinity available in my street?

hello i was just wondering why people in my same road can get infinity just because they live on the opposite side of the road with a one letter difference in their postcode.

seems really odd and unfair.

any answers will do.

cheers.

0 Ratings