cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Fibre Phone Service with FTTP

I have ordered the full fibre 100 (FTTP) package but I am not sure will I get Fibre phone service with it or will it be the existing copper line for phone? (Currently I am on EE FTTC/VDSL connection)

I know BT will take over my existing landing number from EE "Your existing line will be switched over to BT " but will it stay on copper or Fibre phone service through ONT?

If it stays on copper do the openreach engineer have to touch the existing copper cable? I am assuming Engineer will simply run a New Fibre OH cable from the pole to the house without touching the existing copper cable. I am on 1 stage with OH run.

Your advise will be highly appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fibre Phone Service with FTTP

You’ll mostly likely retain your Copper Voice Service until such time they move you onto VOiP.

I assume it’s Connectorised Fibre, if so the Engineer may or may not change out the existing Copper for a Hybird Fibre/Copper Cable, he might just put up a second Fibre Drop Cable along side the existing Copper one.

Message 3 of 5

Thanks. Is it possible to ask him to run the new fibre cable to the other side of house?

I don't wants to have two cables around the front door.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

You can ask...

Message 5 of 5

Depends on what’s easiest for him or her. 

0 Ratings