cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grajay
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Fibre broadband package and telephone line rental end of contract dates

I'm looking to leave BT and want to make sure that things don't turn into a buggers muddle.

My Infinity contract ends 10th November, and my line rental saver is paid up to 15th December (I think) - putting it another way, the last line rental saver payment was made on the 15th December 2016.

So having already had speaks with BT about possible savings on my contract (joke) I'm off for new pastures.  Will it create a problem for me to set the ball rolling for a change to a new provider on/about 10th November?  I appreciate I'll lose the line rental savings for December etc.

Thanks

Graham
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Zombie
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fibre broadband package and telephone line rental end of contract dates

It shouldn't cause any problems if you have completed your contract. 

I would check the bt dsl checker before you make a decision to leave, to check the cabinet you are on has available slots. If it's on waiting list status and you give up the fibre slot you have by moving, as it won't be yours to move with you. You could end up back on standard broadband. 

grajay
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Ah - good advice - that hadn't even occurred to me.  Thanks for the heads up.

Graham
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

You’re best off doing contract negotiations when you’re in your last month, sometime after the middle of October.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
grajay
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the advice Webby - I shall certainly give them a call, but having already spoken to one of the team a few weeks ago, their best response was "BT are always a bit more expensive!"

As many providers now are offering inclusive lne rental deals which near enough match BT's very best price (excluding line rental) I am not overly hopeful.

Graham
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

BT now includes line rental in all of its packages, something to bear in mind when comparing prices.

grajay
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Ooer - that wasn't how my discussion with the BT guy went when I spoke with him.  I shall keep that in mind - thanks Keith.

Graham
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

@grajay wrote:

Ooer - that wasn't how my discussion with the BT guy went when I spoke with him.  I shall keep that in mind - thanks Keith.

Its now a requirement that all providers include any line rental in their package prices, to make it easier for people to compare prices.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/58505/~/line-rental-included-in-your-package