cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supernoodles
Contributor
Message 21 of 25

Re: Fibre cuts out when using the phone in any form.

so im going to have to call a broadband engineer out just to reset the DLM ? seems like a bit of a waste of resources i was pretty sure it was able to be done by the isp but guess not

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 25

If they find a fault, yes.

As I've said, it was Openreach's decision to do it that way. It's the same across the board.

ISP's could reset it on ADSL circuits, but not FTTC.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
DanielS
Message 23 of 25

Hi @supernoodles,

@Webby is spot on. For FTTC circuits we need to send out a broadband skilled engineer to carry out the DLM reset. This isn't something that we can do remotely.

You should be able to arrange this with the helpdesk.

Thanks

DanielS

supernoodles
Contributor
Message 24 of 25

Hey @DanielS i tried and they are telling me because im still in the 10 day stabilisation period for new customers they can't do anything until the 22nd although i didnt think the 10 day stabilisation existed for FTTC?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 25

Strictly speaking, it doesn't.

However the call centre scripts still have it embeded within it.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’