cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supernoodles
Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: Fibre cuts out when using the phone in any form.

So had a Phone engineer come today who had previously visited before to do a lift and shift (which at the time bt said no) and said that BT booked my appointment as a Phone fault when he said it was clearly a broadband issue and that the lift and shift (port change at cabinet) needed to be done since i was still on the same on from Plusnet (same network)

Sadly as it was logged as a phone fault he couldn't do anything related to the broadband so all he did was changed the "pair" my line was using between the master socket and the small black box on the wall outside my flat

As stated before a lift and shift was authorised but never done because i was changing from plusnet to BT

He said he would send it back to BT as a broadband fault and request a broadband engineer.

Phone fault is now marked as closed by BT on my account and no sign of a Broadband fault being created yet

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 25

I can tell you now, a broadband fault won't automatically be raised.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
supernoodles
Contributor
Message 13 of 25

So i guess i should call in again =/ ?

kinthos
Contributor
Message 14 of 25

Sounds like you were better off waiting on Plus.net fixing your fault before you moved 😞  Sorry buddy but you have got to start from square one with BT (who are significantly worse on the support front).

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings
supernoodles
Contributor
Message 15 of 25

yeah im beginning to realise that =/

Engineer that came today changed the line pair that i was on and now i have moments with no dial tone my internet is currently connected at 7.84 kbp down / 208 bps up and if you call my landline it says the line is busy and the internet will cut out again.

or sometimes i will have dial tone and it will crackle like crazy luckly i have another engineer coming tomorrow to fix that issue hopefully..

But the internet issue reported here will still happen even after the above is fixed because its most likely a cabinet issue but everytime i call in they keep wanting to book a phone engineer and not a broadband one.. i mean no offense to the people in the call center but i would like to just once get someone who is located in the UK and knows what the hell im asking for.. Very frustrating

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 25

If you still have a noisy line and intermittent dial tone you still have a phone line fault, your broadband will not improve until that is fixed.

0 Ratings
supernoodles
Contributor
Message 17 of 25

yep service finally came back again after about 5 hours with no dial tone and busy tone when you call the house

Hopefully the engineer tomorrow fixes everything getting beyond a joke now =/

0 Ratings
supernoodles
Contributor
Message 18 of 25

Hey again guys had a phone engineer out today to fix the problem with no dial tone etc he ran a test on my cable and there was some indication on his device that the cable was poor he said it tested at "40 ish" which showed as "grey" he then tested it directly at the black box outside my flat and it was at around 60 and green which usually he only see's 52/54.

honestly im not sure what he meant by all that i know it wasnt speed it was obviously something else so he put new cable in and he got the same result inside as outside both at around 60.

Now my issue is my speed seems to be stuck my upload is like 2mb and download at 37 while before i was at 6mb up and 45/46 down could this be a DLM issue and is there any way i could get a reset? thanks

btw the max data rate for the upload must be wrong because it was at 6mb before all this nonsense with my landline

0 Ratings
supernoodles
Contributor
Message 19 of 25

Is there any way someone here can process a DLM or profile reset? i sat in a queue for over hour on the phone trying to get through to the broadband team and gave up since i have stuff to do today.

Yes unfortunatly the engineer that came yesterday should have reset the DLM but he didn't know how to since he was a phone engineer!

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 25

The only way to have DLM reset is by an engineer on site who identifies a fault.

It's an Openreach process, it's the same for every ISP that consumed the Openreach GEA-FTTC service.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings