Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kornell
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Fibre issues.

Hi,

I am 613m from my PCP and my router is synced at around 24Mbps/4Mbps upload. My lowest assured speeds according to the BT retail website is 26Mb and my estimate is around 30-40. I'm on Employee Infinity package and using latest BT Smarthub.

I suspect my line might be alu, which could explain massive drop of speeds, as I am not that far from the PCP to have speeds degraded. And as you can see my capacity is just short off 28Mbps.

Data rate:

4.08 Mbps / 25.04 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

4158 / 27634

Noise margin:

6.3 dB / 5.1 dB

Line attenuation:

24.8 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre issues.

are the stats from using the test socket with a filter/  if not can you use test socket to see if that helps

if you have aluminium cable as part of your conenction that would reduce speed and checker estimate would not take that into account

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kornell
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Yes, they are from the back plate, with a filter. I'm using an SSFP too.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

you are only marginally below 26mb connection - what was the minimum guaranteed speed quoted in BT's original letter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kornell
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

25Mbps
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

and that is your current speed from your router  you can try getting an engineer visit see speed can be improved

0 Ratings