cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jutosg
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Fibre not avalible neighbours have it

I've been with bt for sometime and have just moved house after a serious of terrible service calls I got an offer finally under £40 a month for standard broadband which is poor 1.5-3.5mb down from 30mb we had previously. Which I need for work might I add. I done a check through open reach there's no date of when they'll come n add more space but fttp fibres avalible? Isn't it a little bit of a joke that I've now been told to try a dodgey old line (told the fellow it's kinked n only got 0.02mb with the talk talk from other housemate which was with an engineer paid to put a line in who never did good job Gavin from Openreach) and I've got to call back once it's in to get my deal changed since all the home move would put through was a £15 12gb per month package even though I've had unlimited fibre for ages. Why can't fttp be installed when we are too far from the exchange to get good reliable standard connections. The open zones get a better connection than my broadband will! I'm fizzing that I can't keep a good connection and with no set update time I'll loose out on business indefinitely.
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
rb31
Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: Fibre not avalible neighbours have it

Hi

Are the neighbours connected to the same cabinet as you or has it just run out of space.

we had an issue in our old property where neighbours could get fibre and we couldn't, turned out we were connected to a cabinet which was much further away.

0 Ratings
Jutosg
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

I'd assume it's the same as its a pretty small town, apparently it's full for fibre but it's far away, closer to the centre, so we're left with atrocious speeds. With speeds like that wired I'll be lucky to connect up the stairs. Hardly doubt I'm the only person in the area who wants fibre
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jutosg
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

on Exchange KILMARNOCK is served by Cabinet 28
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availibility Date

WBC SOGEA Availibility Date

High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 40 29.3 7.5 5.5 -- Waiting list --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 31.7 17.1 6.8 2.7 -- Waiting list --
Featured Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available --
ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 2 -- 1 to 3.5 Available --
ADSL Max Up to 1.5 -- 1 to 2.5 Available --
WBC Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available --
Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available --
Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Multicast -- -- -- Available --
ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available --

Hopefully that works.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

as cab is full and waiting list you just have to wait until openreach increase capacity  was and date in the notes when that might happen

you can write to openreach and enquire  https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

if you get auto response then send form again until you get reply from an actual person

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

FTTP is not available you are seeing FTTP on Demand which is a business service not available to residential customers and its costs to install run into thousands plus it is 3 year contract and the last price per month was in the hundreds
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

distance from the exchange has no effect on fibre services it is the distance from the street cabinet that matters
0 Ratings
Jutosg
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

No mention of a date there either. Well we must be far from the cabinet then. Absolutely hopeless having something that won't stream video or even load upstairs. Registered interest on the main site but I'll try there too. Hopefully they pull the finger out, still find it odd the openzone had 7mb but we won't touch that with our dodgey old line.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

You're line is not that far from the cab. Perhaps 750m or so.

You'll just need to keep checking that page for availability.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings