cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jutosg
Beginner
Message 11 of 13

Re: Fibre not avalible neighbours have it

Well that's the reason I was given for our speeds. Its at the other end of our town with a full scheme of houses infront of us and behind it. So half a mile worth of streets connected is actually quite a distance.
Grand I'll just need to inform my work I'll be able to do stuff at a snails pace for the for see able future. Why is standard broadband still a thing if it won't work in a regular upstairs downstairs property. Unless your connected directly to the router even then you still have to summon a few demons to get it to do anything
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 13

this shows speed over distance - adsl is distance from exchange toi your home and vdsl is distanace for street cab to your home

FTTC speed graph.gif

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 13

have you tried using powerline adapters to improve your conenction upstairs - should be far better than a wireless conenction

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings