cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Fibre optic in...but not

I wonder if anyone can help me. I received the "fibre optic broadband has arrived" flyer over 3 weeks ago from BT and 2 weeks ago from Sky. I still have no fibre optic. However 2 doors down from me (number 80, I'm 84) has, I've checked it on the ADSL checker and numerous ISP websites. We are fed from the same cabinet from the same exchange.

When I check the ADSL checker I get 2 lines:
"ADSL MAX" and
"Fixed rate"

They get the FTTC Range A etc etc.

What I can't get from any of BT's incredibly unhelpful call centres is why. It isn't just my house though. There is no fibre available for anyone past number 81 - the street has around 105 houses, where at least 81 of them can access FTTC.

Any information anyone may have would be a great help. I've been checking BT's website several times a day for the last month in the hope of seeing "You can have Infinity" but no go so far.

Thanks in anticipation.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre optic in...but not

If the dslchecker does not give FTTC options then try contacting openreach. https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thank you imjolly. I have just filled the form and sent it off. I'll let you know how it goes.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Just received a reply from open reach:

You are connected to cab 5.

I am very happy to tell you that your cabinet is now fibre enabled and ready for orders. Please choose a service provider and approach them with a view to placing your order. There had been a system issue which has now been resolved.

So thank you so much imjolly for that link - everything sorted with a single form as opposed to the endless calls to ISPs.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

hope you can order now from whichever ISP you choose

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

We can indeed, and have. Thanks again!
0 Ratings