Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dare9876
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Fibre to Guildford exchange cabinet 101

Hi,

I recently moved house and I am now on the Guildford exchange which has fibre and is accepting orders (Yay!) but I'm not able to get BT infinity as the cabinet I am connected to (101) does not have fibre yet. I found the below link which gives a 98% probability for my cabinet to get fibre but also states the update is not part of a phase.

http://fttc-check.alc.im/results.php?postcode=GU11FY

Can anyone tell me when Guildford 101 cabinet is planned for a fibre upgrade? Any help on this would be appreciated as my 2Mb BT ADSL is just not cutting it.

Thanks,

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fibre to Guildford exchange cabinet 101

you previous could email nga openreach but they have now stopped replying to that type of email and refer you to your ISP

this is the standard reply now

Thank you for your contact to us. Please note that we will not be responding to you by email but, would like to point you to the Openreach Superfast Fibre website and the FAQ section that will provide answers to the most commonly asked 
questions. It will also provide links to those service providers that sell fibre broadband at the moment so you can check if your particular line is enabled.

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

So in short, you just need to keep checking to see if your cabinet has been up graded.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fibre to Guildford exchange cabinet 101

You could try contacting :- www.superfastsurrey.org.uk as

Surrey County Council has signed a £32.8m contract with BT to deliver superfast broadband infrastructure across Surrey by the end of 2014. BT’s fibre network will be extended to reach 99.7% of homes and businesses in Surrey.

£20m is to be invested by Surrey County Council with a further £11.8m and £1.31m contributed by BT and the Government’s Broadband Delivery UK (BDUK) programme, respectively.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings