Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 21 of 33

Re: Fibre to the premise Help

Go to solution
Hi Dan,

I will keep you up to date on this as the resolution my help you in some way.

Dave
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 22 of 33

Go to solution

Update.
Got an email response from Openreach as I completed that form last week. Response below;

From a person called Alka from **Edited**

Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

You’re connected to KEMPSTON exchange, cabinet 33.

I’m really sorry but having investigated our network data, we’re not currently able to supply you with a fibre service from our existing network.

Unfortunately your property isn’t currently included in the fibre roll-out because after our initial survey, it was established that Openreach would not be able to upgrade this cabinet at this moment in time because a viable solution could not be found.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I have responded asking for an explanation as to why everyone else on my estate served by the same cab can get fibre. Waiting for a reply.

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 33

Go to solution
FTTP does not come from a cabinet
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 24 of 33

Go to solution
I'm so confused now.

Are we saying here then that the Openreach response I got was incorrect?

I had the impression from their email that it was connected to the Cab in some way. And from the broadband check I completed and posted further up this thread, it mentioned Cab33 when showing fibre availability.

Dave
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 33

Go to solution
Your telephone line is connected to cab 33 but that's completely irrelevant in the scheme of FTTP provision, as the cabinet is purely for copper connectivity.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 26 of 33

Go to solution
Thanks Webby and everyone else who has posted.

Let's see what the survey comes back with this Friday then!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 33

Go to solution
there are two separate services FTTP and FTTC
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 28 of 33

Go to solution

Good luck David, that response just shows how useless they are. I'm expecting something similar eventually but so far nobody can be bothered to get back to me.

It's abysmal service it really is.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 29 of 33

Go to solution

Hi David,

I'm making progress with my issue at last! I've found a contact at Openreach who's awake, prompt and able to do stuff. How are you getting on?

Dan

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 30 of 33

Go to solution

Hi Dan!

Good news, glad you are getting somewhere! Sorry it's been 2 days since your reply - been a busy week!

Okay so I called BT FTTP team today who didnt have any record of me calling or this "survey" that was supposed to take place. I had to explain from the beginning then got cut off whilst on hold.

I did however get back through to a very helpful person who has actually entered my details on to their system which means I now have a record to put notes on and refer back to.

I have no idea why that wasn't done from my first call.

They are sending for another report/survey and I have to wait another 5 working days - so should know by next Thursday!

What happened with you then? all moving ahead now?

Dave

0 Ratings