cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanh1981
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Fibre to the premises costs

Hi i currently live in a farm and due to our distance from the cabinet we get rubbish internet. But the fact is i run my business from home and need a decent connection, Also the kids play xbox online and moan at me lol. I was told by our bt engineer that i could pay bt to run fibre optic cable to my home but can find out how much this would cost. I called sales and they said we dont know anything about that 😕 so who do i speak to? Please help i can cope with 400kbps internet 

Thanks in advance and sorry if its posted in the wrong place im new

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fibre to the premises costs

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are running a business, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

They should be able to advise you of the cost.

As a business user, there are many other options if you are near a fibre node, which will give you a very good service, and compensation for any downtime, which I would have thought  would be critical for your business.

Thanks

0 Ratings
ryant704
Guru
Message 3 of 5

It's £1000 for 500m and £500 installtion fee to an ISP, how the ISP want the customer to pay for it is still undecided.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@ryant704 wrote:

It's £1000 for 500m and £500 installtion fee to an ISP, how the ISP want the customer to pay for it is still undecided.

that seems very cheap bearing in mind OP lives on a farm and probably quite a distance from the cabinet and even further from the exchange

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Firstly the FTTP on demand service which is quoted above requires the OP to be served from an FTTC equipped cabinet. Unless his farm is near a town with FTTC this won't be an option.

The price above 500m from the cabinet hasn't yet been determined. It could be prohibitively expensive for a very long line especially if the route is complex / through badly maintained rural ducts.
0 Ratings