cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Fibre2 same speed as Fibre1

Last week I upgraded to Fibre2. My router ( smarthub1)  shows the stats below . The speed I am getting is no faster than before the upgrade   I am wondering if this is the maximum speed my line will support and in this case have I wasted my money in upgrading? Thanks for any help with this.41CDE211-FD1A-45A0-8169-BE7AEE68E025.png

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Fibre2 same speed as Fibre1

Based on those router stats, yes you have. Sorry!

Your upload should be faster though?

Message 3 of 15

enter your phone number and post results but it looks like you are to fae from cab to get any faster than the superafast 1 speed but you have benefited from faster upspeed

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 15

DFCCA8E5-1EC1-4912-A5A5-F1298395871F.jpegThanks for you help. The file is too big to 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Which exchange and cabinet? You've cut that off.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

your connection time is only an 1hr is that due to manual reset or router dropping connection

have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your connection speed by eliminating your faceplate and internal wiring as causing a problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 15

Sorry, I haven’t a clue what I’m doing,  the exchange is Nelson, the cabinet is 53 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

I did turn off and restart to router last night but it’s been all all day so maybe it has dropped connection at some time. 
There is only one socket. It is master socket 5C .  I don’t know where to find a test socket. Sorry. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Ah, ignore that, I’ve just found I need to take the front off.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Using speed test btwholesale it is actually worse in the test socket. I am getting  ping 38, download 34.07 and upload 18.57

0 Ratings