Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rswipe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Filter or not?

Go to solution

Hi. I wonder if somebody can advise? I have  BT fibre broadband, installed by BT some time ago. It uses an Openreach modem and BT Home Hub. The modem plugs into a dedicated Openreach single ADSL socket, which is at the upstairs end of an extension cable hardwired into the back of the downstairs incoming socket which is also Openreach and has one phone and one ADSL socket. BT have now given me a new Smart Hub which I wish to use, which I know does away with the modem. My query -- when the existing set-up was originally installed the engineer told me specifically not to use any filters as they weren't needed and I've certainly never had any problems. The instructions with the Smart hub say if it's connected to a single socket use a filter. Am I correct in thinking this is misleading, and that my sockets have built in filters? IIRC the filters that I threw away had a phone plug on so wouldn't plug into the ADSL socket anyway.  

Many thanks

Bernard

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Filter or not?

Go to solution

Yes, the socket has built in filters, just connect in the same way as the modem previously. The instructions refer to if you are connecting to a single socket master, yours is a data extension off a SSFP master socket.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
just connect the hub directly to the same socket as the Openreach modem was connected the information about using filters now refers to Infinity self installs as the filtered socket is no longer used
0 Ratings
Rswipe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thought so. Many thanks chaps.

Bernard

0 Ratings