Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Filtered extension socket

Go to solution

This probably has a very obvious answer but if my master faceplate is replaced with a filtered faceplate when my Infinity 1 is installed, I understand that the extension socket upstairs will also be filtered and so no longer needing a microfilter for my phone extension.

If I did want to move the router upstairs and connect it to the extension socket (Desktop computer is here) would plugging in a microfilter be like having two filters connected and stop the broadband working?  How would I get around this?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Filtered extension socket

Go to solution

Because the faceplate is filtered, moving the router upstairs to an extension won't work.  It will be on the telephone side of the filter in the master socket's faceplate, and so won't get the signal.

You'd need to run a VDSL extension cable upstairs to get the signal there.  Or leave the router downstairs and run an ethernet cable upstairs.  The latter is the best option if possible.

Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
If you only have one extension then removing the faceplate and reverting back to normal filters will allow you to plug the broadband in either socket.
notch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for that, obvious really, I would have been running cables everywhere!

0 Ratings