cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tafer2uk
Message 1 of 2

Final Bill Problems

I cancelled my BT Sports package as I have moved from Sky to Virgin and I get that included in my package. I sent written confirmation of this and had my request acknowledged by a voicemail message from someone and also I received an email confirming this. In the email it stated 'If you're stopping all your BT services, we'll send you a final bill within 14 days of you telling us.'

So imagine my surprise when said bill didn't arrive but a new one did for the service beyond the end date of my 30 day termination notice. I quickly contacted the online help who were sadly none, they insisted that this was wrong and that I should in fact pay the extra subscription up front as a new bill will be generated some time after I have left, although they couldn't tell me when. They stated I should be refunded any over payment at a later date.

Whilst the amount we are talking about is trivial, I wasn't happy with this as I want to be able to cancel my DD as soon as possible after the end date of my contract. I was therefore told my complaint would be escalated to a manager and that they would call me within 24 hours. Needless to say no one has conacted me and it has been 4 days now. I have therefore decided to cancel my direct debit. Why can't BT do what they promise to do? I was seriously considering moving all my services to BT prior to choosing Virgin but the lack of fast broadband in my area swung things, it would seem I dodged a bullet.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Final Bill Problems

Hi tafer2uk,

I'm really sorry about that if you need any help getting this sorted please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings