Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
doodlebug
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Final Bill is a joke!!!.

Go to solution

Back in May i called BT to see about having my service cancelled. I was told that i was about 2 weeks away from the  end of ym contract so i told BT that i wanted to cancel their telephone services at the end of the period.

Now i have just had my final bill and they are charging me £86.13 for cancelling before the end of my contract. How the hell can i be charged this amount of money for a couple of weeks?!?!?!

This just seems to be yet another way of BT trying to make money. I called on at least 3 occasions to check that i was ok to move without being penalised and each time i was assured my contract was nearing the end.

I will not pay this amount, not a hope in Hell!.:smileymad:

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 12

Re: Final Bill is a joke!!!.

Go to solution

Hi Doodlebug,

I am sorry for any confusion caused.  I can help clear this up.

Please drop me an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com, include your BT account details and the link to this thread.  As soon as I get your details I will check to see what is going on.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Dalboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Ho Doodlebug,

Looks like you have a moderator who wants to clear this up for you. So far I have had 3 different moderators write and request more information as they can clear my problem up. One even replied asking for the details of the complaint on an email that had the details of the complaint.

I recommend you choose your telephone supplier based on the websites that offer more information reagrding there actual performance. I have ordered a new service from another supplier, I am not allowed to tell you who they are as I would be in breach of the BIG BROTHER RULES here.... pathetic....

Dont hold your breath in hopeof getting it sorted, it would be dangerous to your health...

We should all show our disgust by using our feet.......

0 Ratings
Omniscient
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Hey Doodlebug welcome to the forums sean should get this sorted for you if not perhaps you could shed some more light on the problem?

Dalboy with all due respect you are posting the same stuff to peoples posts over and over as shown under your name it says *Aspiring Contributor* what is it you are contributing? as shown in the terms of use:

c)Flooding the forum boards with excessive posting or padding posts;

Repetitive or continuous complaints about BT policy including allegations of abuse of privacy, use of third party suppliers or any other policy for any purpose;

h)Discussions of moderator actions on the boards. If you need to comment on a moderator action, please private message any administrator/moderator;

k)"Bombing" the Site or individual threads with repetitive or meaningless postings, postings unrelated to the purpose of the BTCare Community Forums; excessive cross-posting.

This is a forum with the word community in it i dont mean to offend you but is i have sorry,this is a place to help people i belive you made your point.

Thanks

Inherent omniscience - the ability to know anything that one chooses to know and can be known
0 Ratings
SteveAustin
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

You would no doubt have had a renewable contract on the evening and weekend or anytime plan. When you have called in the person has told you when your contract ends, but this was also the date in which your contract would renew unless you told BT otherwise. If you have made it clear you were leaving and didn't want to stay with BT after that 12 month period then the person you spoke to should have stopped your contract from renewing (which they obviously haven't done). It has then renewed for another 12 months and you are being charged for roughly 11.5 months of cancellation charges on what would seem to be £7.50 for every remaining month - indicating it is indeed the evening and weekend plan with a 12 month renewable contract.

That's the bottom line....
0 Ratings
doodlebug
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hello SeanD.  I have sent an email to you.

Thank you.

Doodlebug.

0 Ratings
doodlebug
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hello Omniscient.

Thank you for your reply, i am hoping that this can be cleared up. I dont see what else i can say to shed more light on the problem. I asked to leave BT at the end of the contract yet they are billing me,  when i gave more than enough notice to cancel my contract that was due to end anyway.

On the online billing site, it is still telling me that my next bill will be due in september. yet i called last weekend and spoke to someone who  said that she could see that i had in fact cancelled and the bill would be altered stc, but so far not a thing has changed and BT wanted the bill paying by today.

Doodlebug

0 Ratings
doodlebug
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

HI SteveAustin,

Yes i did have a renewable contract but as stated, i cancelled it and asked to leave yes this is not at all correctly reflected in my final bill.  Hopefully it will be sorted.

Doodlebug.

0 Ratings
doodlebug
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Well, update time...

This morning i got an email telling me i can (once again) view my bill online. Yippee!!.. i think to myself that they have sorted it.. yes??... NO, they have just reminded me to pay the £113+ quid!. Yeah right!. As soon as they open i will be straight onto the fone to them...again!  Coz guess what, i have nothing better to do than to sit for ages whie BT decide to bill me correctly or not.

Doodlebug

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Hi doodlebug,

Thanks I have your email here so I'll look into this now and get back to you shortly.

Ta,

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings